NEW BOOK REVIEW



                                            The Golden Locket ... By Aurora Manderville





Rose and her brother Ferdinand receive scholarships to the most prestigious college in the whole country, only to find themselves caught in a strange turn of events.







OUR REVIEW

I was in for a real surprise while reading The Golden Locket by Aurora Manderville. The adventure started out giving me a feeling that I already felt comfortable with the setting of this story without author Manderville  even describing it yet. Loved the simple descriptions of the main characters...Rose with her dark chocolate curls, Ferdinand being "stubborn" as a mule, and best of all Maria, a strong mother determined to see her children make the best of their lives.

As Rose and  Ferdinand accept their letters of entrance to prestigious Tolken University, the tone of the story blossomed before me...it was a different genre then what I was expecting!

As I found out the meaning of the title, the story zipped along in a fast pace, enjoying the flow of the adventure.

A simple, sweet, and clean read book, I could recommend this to middle school level and up. Love to have a sequel to see what happens to the main characters.


                   Amazon Review







No comments: